Hello, well here is the big project that you've all been waiting for
It would be excellent if we could launch "Crafteroo magazine" as a way of publicising the forum and also raising a bit of cash for competitions, website upgrades, etc because it's not really fair that everything should come out of vV's pocket.
Here's the key info! (some things may change!)
- The magazine will be electronic to begin with and a secret link to the online turn-page magazine will be sent via e-mail.
- It will cost £1.50 per issue and will be available quarterly.
- There will be a new page created here on Crafteroo to publicise it and to directly sell the magazine, plus the Crafteroo newsletter function will be used again so that people can be notified when the next issue is available (gives them another reason to join the forum!) rather than a subscription program.
- The magazine has been pencilled in to launch on October 1st, with all content needed to be with me by no later than 23rd September.
- Issue 1 will be 64 pages long cover to cover, with six pages plus inside covers for adverts (8 pages total). Proposed introductionary advert rates for the first issue (depending on popularity this may increase on issue 2) are:
1/4 page = £5, 1/2 page= £8, full page=£12.
- This leaves 52 pages for content (first page for intro text and contributor list, plus a full page advert for the forum). So I need some submissions please
These are unpaid as they are contributions towards the running of your favourite forum
Ideas for possible features include:
- Project gallery
- Lifestyle – Cooking/Gardening/Fashion, etc
- Craft history
- Craft challenge
- Reviews of books/software/tools/workshops/exhibitions
Features I’d really like to make sure we do:
- Favourite blogs
- Pinterest finds
- Folksy Finds
- At least 10 craft projects
- Craft business article (or two!)
Keep posted on this board for further info and content requests, etc!
Lastly, if you have content, please e-mail it to email@example.com
when it's ready!